While wrapped vehicles can be cleaned with a carwash or pressure washer, hand washing is the preferred method for cleaning a car wrap. Make sure to wash your vehicle on a regular basis or at least whenever the vehicle appears dirty, as leaving contaminants on the car wrap for long periods of time can make them more difficult to remove. In order to properly wash your vinyl vehicle wrap, follow these simple steps:
- Rinse the graphic with water using the spray nozzle attachment on a garden hose
- Mix together water and a mild car wash detergent into a clean bucket
- Soak a sponge with the water and soap mixture
- Clean the graphic by starting at the top and working your way down to allow the dirty, contaminated water to run downward
- Rinse the graphic with clean water using the hose
- Allow the graphic to air dry or dry it with a micro fiber cloth
- Once dry, apply a silicone or Teflon based polish designed for vinyl vehicle wraps for added protection
Frequently Wash Your Car
One of the easiest ways to maintain your wrap during the summer is by washing it once a week. Remember, your wrap isn’t indestructible, and even the thorough scrubbing of a car wash can damage it. So, when it’s time to wash your car, do it by hand and with a soft sponge.
Keep the water cold and try to perform your wash in a shaded area. This is an important summer tip because as your car drives around in the heat, it will start to form an unsightly buildup that is difficult to scrub off. Should you let this issue go, you may as well start preparing for your next car wrap design.
Keep Tabs on Dirt and Debris
Dirt and other particles your car picks up along the road can quickly become a problem for your wrap between washings. Take a few minutes out of each day to get rid of the debris that’s collected on your vehicle.
Should you fail to do so, your wrap will start to show signs of staining. While these black smudges may seem like no big deal on the surface, the fact of the matter is, once they appear, there isn’t a chance of removing them from your wrap.
Apply Extra Protection in the Summer
At our car wrap partner in Montreal. they can help you find an effective protective over laminate that adds an extra boost of protection to your wrap.
During the installation process, overlaminates are easy to apply and help protect your vehicle from the dangers of abrasion and UV rays.
If you’re a business owner with a fleet of vehicles that regularly make stops throughout the day with little to no shaded protection, this is an essential product for your wrap’s summer maintenance.